FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP - FLW203P
The Supermarine Spitfire is arguably the most iconic British fighter of World War II. Renowned both for its beauty and its warfighting utility, over 20,000 Spitfires were produced over a period of 10 years in more than 20 variants. The Spitfire’s versatility was unmatched, as it served in many roles in all major theatres. From a front line fighter to high altitude inceptor, including roles as a reconnaissance platform and fighter bomber, the Spitfire was the backbone of the Royal Air Force after the Battle of Britain. Powered by Rolls-Royce Merlin and later Griffon engines, the Spitfire maintained an edge throughout the war as a superior warplane.
To honor this aircraft and the heroic crews who served with it, FlightLine presents its Supermarine Spitfire in the popular Mk.IX variant. Constructed using EPO foam and painted with matte finish scale colors, this 1200mm wingspan model uses carbon tubes and plastic parts to reinforce the removable wings and control surfaces for durable handling. The wing and elevator can be easily removed in seconds for convenient transport. FlightLine captures the beautiful classic lines of the Spitfire Mk.IX with an accurate cowl shape, exhaust stacks, and accurate canopy outline complete with a scale rear view mirror. Split flaps, radiators, and two optional air filters are included in the box.
FlightLine’s Spitfire Mk.IX features a scale four bladed propeller and 580Kv motor to achieve satisfying scale performance at 135kph/83mph top speeds. An optional two bladed power system (sold separately) can be purchased to reach 150kph/93mph level speeds on the same 4s 14.8v battery.
The Spitfire also features oversized retracts with metal trunions and metal reinforcing plates. Slightly oversized tires help to minimize nose overs. With the recommended Admiral 4s 2500 mAh battery we obtain 5-6 minutes of mixed throttle scale flight. The model can also accommodate an Admiral 4s 3000mAh or even Admiral 4s 4000mAh battery for longer flight times, but the 2500mAh and 3000mAh are the best balance between speed, vertical power, flight duration, and wing loading.
- NEW! Decal set now comes pre-applied
- Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
- Split flaps for easier takeoffs and landings
- High power motor for stock speeds up to 135kph/83mph
- Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
- Built-in flat spot near the CG for optimal placement of a gyro (optional, sold separately)
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Optional upgrade complete nylon hinge set included in each box for free
- Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
- Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
- Optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 150kph/93mph
- There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 150kph/93mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880Kv motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and 2 bladed spinner. This Sport Power System is suitable for all 1100-1200mm wingspan warbirds from the FlightLine brand. Click the upgrades tab above for more info.
- FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm (47") Wingspan - (PNP)
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-assembled
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger
1200mm / 47in
1085mm / 42.7in
1550g / 54oz
CG (Center of Gravity)
73mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
3748-580Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
60A Brushless with XT60
12x7 4 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
9g reverse with 300mm lead: left flap
9g standard with 300mm lead: right flap
9g metal gear standard with 200mm lead: rudder, elevator
Electric retracts with metal trunnions
4S 14.8V 2500-4000mAh Li-Po with XT60(NOT INCLUDED)
6+ Channel 2.4GHz(NOT INCLUDED)
Foam hinges except nylon hinges on flaps