In 2017, FMS announced its flagship aircraft- the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Known for its impeccable scale features and awesome performance, the “Warthog” is truly a favorite amongst pilots and spectators alike. To make the best even better, FMS has dedicated significant engineering effort in building upon the first generation A-10, making evolutionary design and performance improvements to create the A-10 V2.
Retaining features such as the screw-together airframe, ball-linked control surfaces and high strength spar system, the A-10 V2 comes together just as easily its predecessor. Scale details remain impeccable - realistic rivets, panel lines, removable bombs and rockets and realistic absorbing CNC landing gear, just to name a few.
Built upon these great features, the A-10 V2 receives ten major structural, electronic and scale improvements:
- Improved ESC: The dual 70A ESCs are uprated to dual Hobbywing 80A ESCs, with an external 8A BEC for bulletproof performance.
- Upgraded servos: Elevator and Rudder servos have been upgraded to 23g metal geared servos from the original 17g metal geared units- meaning more torque for the control surfaces giving even better performance.
- Precision landing gear design: The nose landing gear has been redesigned to minimize play- ensuring the assembly tracks straight and true even at high speeds.
- Improved connectors: ‘soft’ connector design significantly increases the reliability of the wing quick release system.
- Increased elevator travel: giving pilots more precision and control authority
- Improved tires: an improved, more durable compound extends the service life of the landing gear wheels, even in rough field operations.
- Robust canopy latch: extended pin on the canopy latch reduces the possibility of an accidental canopy release in flight.
- Enlarged battery bay: now fits two 6S 3300mAh Lipos, for significantly increased flight times!
- New trim scheme: even more attractive trim than the original!
- New scale pilot